After obtaining my Bachelor’s Degree in Fine arts and Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience, I started out my career as an Argentine Tango dancer and theatrical director. Working with professional dancers, musicians and actors I became aware of the chronic physical pain that many performance artists suffer as an occupational hazard. I realized how much it would benefit actors and dancers if I found a way to help alleviate their chronic aches and pains. So I began studying Pilates at EHS in San Francisco and while it worked well, it wasn’t a comprehensive solution. I decided to integrate it with Tai Chi, Qi-Gong, Yoga and Reiki, while at the same time apprenticing with Dallas Everleth in rehab-focused Pilates.
The Gelfand Regenerative Pain Mitigation Program (G-RPMP) came to completion when I added elements of the Hendrickson Method Manual Therapy. G-RPMP is a highly successful system for post surgery/injury recovery, joint pain mitigation and management, regeneration of range of motion, correcting occupational or injury related deformities, and eliminating the pain associated with them. In my pain management practice, I focus on form and precision as a way to help my clients acquire physical awareness, allowing them to re-take control of their bodies. G-RPMP has evolved not only into a treatment discipline, but an equally important educational method where my clients learn new habits, re-learn their natural body mechanics for lasting pain relief, and eliminate the need for constant therapeutic intervention.
I strongly believe that, through G-RPMP, every client can gain more ease, flow and strength in both body and mind.
- Certified Pilates Trainer, Balanced Body training at EHS in San Francisco
- Certified Hendrickson Method Practitioner
- Rehab-focused Pilates with Dallas Everleth
- Sports Taping Training for Rapid Recovery and Improved Stability with renowned New York City physical therapist Roy Goldberg.
- Orthopedic Cranio-Sacral therapy with Bernard Langan (In Motion Center)
- Yang-style Tai Chi & Qi Gong, with Sifu Gordon Feng (Guan An)